I did it! When Birchbox did their big relaunch it’d been about half a year since I unsubscribed so I could go through my huge backlog of samples. The relaunch definitely got my sample fever going and this box didn’t disappoint.
1. Postcards // Given that I don’t send postcards and I don’t really travel anywhere that cool, I probably won’t get a chance to send these out, but they are cute! I’ll keep them in my little box of neat paper goods.
2. Birchbox + Color Club Wanderlust Collection in London Calling // I was really excited about this because I KNEW I’d get one of the colors. I was kind of bummed though because I wanted the purple or the grayish one and I got the neon pistachio shade. It’s cool for summer but it’s just not what I’d usually pick. The formula lasted a pretty long time and was very creamy, but I noticed that even though it was really thick, it still came out streaky on a few nails.
3. Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle // This was the hero of this box. It smells great and I can comb through my hair like a dream. I put it in after I shower when my hair’s still damp. My hair air dries and the next day it’s soft and silky. I’m considering buying the full size of this because it’s so good.
4. Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream in Blueberry // If you like blueberries and smooth legs, this is a fun product. It reminds me a lot of my EOS shaving cream because it’s so thick and non-drying, but the scent is much stronger and fruitier.
5. Juicy Couture’s Couture La La // It’s described as a mix of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom. I’ll keep this one in my bag for freshening up during the day, but I wasn’t blown away. The scent is pleasant and sweet, so if you want something safe but summery, it’s a winner.
6. Tili Bag // I may not travel anywhere cool, but but I do a lot of traveling (especially with my sweet baby sister getting married soon! Lots of showers and visits!) and this bag was a great addition to my other make-up baggies. If you’re worried about shampoos or moisturizers leaking or getting onto your other packed goodies, these plastic bags keep all your liquid products where they can’t get to anything else. They’ve got neat patterns too because packaging is important.
Soo you can look forward to Birchbox reviews every month again. Unless it’s a cruddy box. I won’t bore you with a cruddy box, I promise. If you aren’t already signed up and you want the giddy pleasure of getting a box full of goodies every month, sign up here.