1. Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Shampoo// The scent is really pleasant (lemony and fresh) and it had a great lather that made my hair feel very clean afterwards, but I didn’t see any change in the volume of my hair afterwards. I blow-dried it and let it air dry to see if that would make a difference, but no dice.
2. Herbal Essentials Lavender Towelette // My hands felt sticky afterwards.
3. Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner // Not gonna lie. I love being pale as paste. I didn’t test this out because I’m scared of change. I really love Jane Iredale though so I bet it’s good.
4. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive // Too intense for my skin. It felt like sandpaper on my face, which would be awesome if my skin wasn’t so reactive.
5. Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 Balm // There is a reason this balm goes for $245 per 1.7 oz. It feels like heaven. And butter. Sweet buttered heaven on my face. The Sample Society website claims:
Rich, anti-bacterial tropical Tamanu Oil boosts skin health and promotes rapid healing
Dromiceius Oil restores the skin’s moisture barrier and stimulates skin cell renewal
Yeast Extract improves skin cell respiration
Marine-based Glycosaminoglycans promote collagen production for greater smoothness and elasticity
I wrestled every last bit of balm out of this little tube. My face was especially dry and awful because I had the worst cold/flu/hellspawn cough ever and the skin right around my nose was raw and disgusting. This balm made me feel like a human again. It absorbed into my skin so fast and felt so good. Ugh. Am I gushing? I’m gushing. If I ever have $245 just lying around that I don’t know what to do with, this just might be worth it.
6. Aromachology Clean & Fresh Eau De Parfum //Very fresh scent that includes notes of white and green tea, bergamot, cardamom, lemon balm and precious woods. I don’t think it reacts to my chemistry very well though because it smells almost sterile on my skin. I still like it and keep it in my purse for touch-ups during the day, but it would’ve been nice to get a scent sample that wasn’t so summery since it’s October.
Overall I was a little unimpressed this month (minus that love-of-my-life-balm), and to be honest my Birchbox was not the greatest either, so I think I’ll give them bot another shot and then cancel– at least for a little bit! I love samples but I think I might need to look into other boxes or just wait to see how I feel after having a while to use all the samples I already have. We’ll see!