1. Madewell Coupon // It’s $25 off a $75 dollar order! I don’t own anything by Madewell but I’d really like to look into some of their staple pieces. I might do a little wishlist to help me decide.
2. Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir // This smell is very dusk to evening oriented. I like it but I don’t love it. The jasmine is there but there’s something else in the finish that makes me think “grandma’s perfume” but not in a fancy, old time glamor kind of way.
3. Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+ // I was surprisingly happy with this. I read something recently about smashbox and their treatment of a customer has me reconsidering their products, so I’m in the market for a new BB cream. Here is what it looks like on me.
I need a little bit of concealer because the coverage is light, but it’s so dewy and sheer, I feel like I’m wearing nothing. It has that weird grey SPF cast when you first put it on, but that fades quickly. It brightens up my skin and just feels nice. The only downfall is that although it matches my skin very well, it only comes in one shade that I can tell. Not everyone is pasty white like me.
4. twistband Lace up for Fall Hair Tie // I’ve already gotten two of these in past boxes and I ordered a twelve pack of the black ones. I’d love to get a gold one once. Blue isn’t really my color, but maybe a little pop of something different will be nice for my hair.
5. LiQWd Professional Volumizing Catalyst // This paired with the shampoo and conditioner actually did give my hair lift without making it feel greasy. I wish it smelled nicer, but it has your run of the mill hairspray scent. I gave myself 15 spritzed throughout towel-dried hair and blow dried it right after.
6. LiQWd Volumizing Shampoo/Conditioner // See above review. Combination of all three products did give me noticeable volume without having to tease it like crazy.
NOT PICTURED: Birchbox and Color Club Custom Collection Nail Polish in Insta-This// I don’t think I’ll ever remember to photograph an entire box again, BUT I did take pictures of the color on my nails. At first I was a little bummed because I already have a Revlon blue that’s really similar (see NOTD post here), but I put them on next to each other, and the Color Club is way more vibrant and kind of creamy. I received a ton of compliments when I wore it out, but I’m still on the fence because blue isn’t my color.
Overall I was really happy with this box, and I got a nice Sample Society box too. AND I get to dress up for my friends’ wedding this weekend (Congrats Ben & Katy!) so I have plenty to post about if I can find the time. Have a great weekend!