Sliding this one in right at the last second! It was a mid-grade box so I was a little slow to get it photographed. Do you like the arrow brushes? I downloaded them from Creature Comforts’s blog and I think they are so fun!
1. Beauty Fixations Nail Polish Touch-Up // These are so conveniently packaged and designed that I kind of messed up my nails on purpose to try them out. You take out a basic looking cotton swab, crack one end (like a glowstick!) and then the nail polish remover saturates the other end to make an automatic cleaner-upper. My biggest pet peeve is that even though it’s ingenious, the swab is still not narrow enough to get the nail polish that ‘s on the skin really close to the cuticle. If you try, you usually end up taking off some polish from the side of the nail itself.
2. Schick Hydro Silk Razor // Not crazy about this one. I wish it worked well because the refills are cheaper than the Gillette Fusion I use (and love). The head of the razor just didn’t swivel enough to get the corners of my knees and ankles.
3. Whish Body Butter // Cute little jar to take on trips, but the formula feels too thin to really call it a butter. And oh my goodness is it sweet smelling! It’s the pomegranate one but on the Birchbox website I saw it also has almond scent in it, and I love to eat almonds but I hate anything almond scented. How come such a nice nut always comes across so saccharine if it’s a fragrance?
4. Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur // This was the star of August’s box. I just finished up my sample of Viva la Juicy and this is a fabulous update on it. Even Mark took notice! The added notes of honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine made the scent feel much more sophisticated to me, and it lasts all day. Nothing like all day sophistication.
5. DDF Brightening Cleanser // Still on the fence with this one. I don’t have any discoloration on my face except right after a break out, but I seldom have lasting acne scars or sun spots, so I can’t tell if it’s really helping with that. It claims to also help with skin texture, but it made my skin feel very tight afterward. It’s a huge sample though, so I’ll hang onto it for now and see if my skin improves with prolonged use.