1. Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer, Private Dancer // Great formula, and it’s a full size! It’s an almost holographic purple color. Can’t quite wear it for work without feeling a little too bold, but it’s really fun for days off or on holiday. This is actually my first Deborah Lippmann polish. I have her matte topcoat and it’s fun to play with.
2. Elemental Herbology Cool & Clear Facial Cleanser // I’ve recently received a ton of jumbo facial cleanser samples, so I’ve been alternating this with the others. It’s good but nothing special. They aren’t kidding when they call it Herbology. It really smells like I’m mixing up herbs and seasoning on my face, almost like rosemary. I’m not a fan of that smell when it’s on my face and not a chicken I’m about to eat.
3. Phyto Phytonectar Hair Oil // This smells great. Kind of citrusy and sweet. The instructions say to apply root to tip and leave on 15 minutes before showering. My hair definitely felt soft and tangle free afterwards, but not any more than after using the Shu Uemura Essence Absolue hair oil that I usually use.
4. (MALIN+GOETZ) Vitamin E Facial Moisturizer // They only gave me a little bit of this so I didn’t notice a significant change since I only got one use out of it, but it did feel nice the one time I did use it.
5. Arcona Cranberry Toner // The cranberry-milk toner cleanses, tones, and hydrates. My skin felt tingly afterwards but it didn’t take all of my make up off. As a toner it felt good and did soothe my face, but fell short on the cleansing and moisturizing front. Part of that might be because I have a dry complexion. The smell is very cloying though- waaaaay too sweet for me.
Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara, Black Ice // I was so weirded out at first because it’s in a little tube like that, but it works really well. I’ve only tried Jane Iredale lip products so far so I’m glad their eye line is also good. It didn’t clump or flake and gave me as much length as my Tarte Light, Camera, Lashes (my favorite lengthening mascara of all time).
DISCLAIMER: I didn’t even realize until I was typing this post that I didn’t photograph the mascara! It was in my makeup bag and I’d already thrown away the empty samples by the time I saw what I’d missed, so here’s a photo from the Sample Society website. Sorry people!
I’ve been slacking a little bit on posts lately. I promise I won’t fall under a post a week but I’m gonna try and get back to at least two. I have a lot of ideas, it’s just finding time to photograph and edit them! Where do the hours go? Oh wait, I remember. They get used up working and napping after work. How do you stay focused and awake when you feel completely wiped out?