1. Borghese Tono Body Cream // I’ll probably never stray from my beloved Cetaphil (and it’s cheaper, identical drugstore twin), but this stuff hit the spot. It’s creamy, absorbs fast, and has a light, pleasant smell. I mainly use it on my elbows and knees, but it’s great for everywhere else.
2. Sisley-Paris Hydra Globa Intense Anti-Aging Hydration // The name is a mouthful. I used this as a night cream because it dried out under my makeup when I applied it in the morning. I wasn’t too impressed with it, but I didn’t hate it. It has a weird smell kind of like rosemary? So I felt like I was seasoning my face.
3. Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint SPF 20 in Bronzed // Sample Society AND Birchbox have both tortured me by sending me samples of Jouer’s tinted moisturizer, and both times I have loved the lightweight formula because it has a nice consistency and good coverage. The torturous part? I’m not exactly a bronzed goddess. I didn’t even photograph how badly it clashed with my pasty whiteness because I looked very ganguro. When Birchbox sent me a tube, it was a lighter shade but far too yellow. I don’t know if they even make it in my weird pale pinky shade. Boo.
4. vbeaute Eye Never Nourishing Repair Eye Cream // As with most eye creams, I like the idea of preventative maintenance, but I don’t notice a big different because I don’t have many lines right now to repair. I have a few crease lines that pop up when I smile real big, but they disappear when I put on my default bored face.
5. Vincent Longo Duo Lip Pencil // I was so excited because it’s a full size, but when I looked closer, I was bummed out because one end is a white lip liner. White. What am I supposed to do with that? I’ve read you can lightly line outside your upper lip to give the illusion of fuller lips, but this is BRIGHT white so it doesn’t blend out well, and the skin around my mouth and chin the driest part of my face, so it just flakes and looks awful. The burgundy end matches my Revlon Black Cherry lipstick perfectly, so maybe in fall I’ll be happy for that end at least.
And that’s that! A decent box over all, but I was happier with my Birchbox haul for this month. Nice try Sample Society.