I opted for the TeenVogue themed box this month because I just wanted to feel special. A themed box! This was my haul for March.
1. twistband hair tie // I’ve already got one of these in dark green, and now I apparently have one in bright green. I’m not really that into green. I’ll go for a nice hearty avocado green, but that’s about it. On the bright side, I had something to stick in my hair on St. Patrick’s Day to avoid pinches. I finally took matters into my own hands and ordered a pack of these in black because they don’t crimp my hair if it’s in a ponytail all day, and the little tie detail makes them just a tad classier than your garden variety hair tie.
2. Annick Goutal Petite Chérie // Don’t get me wrong. This smells nice, but it’s a weird mix. You’d think that grass and roses would go together, but I wasn’t overly impressed. It’s been awhile since I’ve gotten a fragrance sample from BB that made me swoon. Give me another sample vial of Twirl and we’ll talk Birchbox.
3. essie luxeffects in Set in Stones // I love this polish but I was bummed out because Becca bought this exact one for me on Valentine’s Day last month. The glitter is intense, and after 2 coats my nails look dazzling and fancy. I would’ve loved to get one of the gold ones instead, but now I have two I guess. At least it’s a color I like, and I bet it will look amazing on top of a lot of colors.
4. tarte Lipsurgence lip tint in Amused // This stuff is awesome! I’ve had my eye on all of the chubby stick makeups coming out lately, and this one is a winner. I thought it was a lip gloss, but it’s actually a stain. Usually stains settle in the creases of my lips and fade really unevenly, but this one is different. It feels hydrating and goes on glossy, so there’s no tight, dry sensation. The color is lovely too. It’s a sheer fuchsia and when the gloss fades, there’s still a nice even wash of pink. Plus it’s a full size and that always makes my day.
5. Shiseido Pureness Oil-Control Blotting Papers // I’m not a fan because I have super dry skin, so shininess isn’t really a concern for me. They’re different from most blotting sheets I’ve seen because they’re very thick. I’ll keep them in my make-up bag to blot lipstick, but this isn’t something I would buy.
Here’s what the lip tint and nail polish look like. The shiny silver accent nail is Set in Stones. Sorry for the gloomy face. I’m a little under the weather today so it was all I could do to put on some tinted moisturizer and under-eye concealer for pictures. Also, holla Boots No7 Soft and Sheer in Fair! It’s the first one to match my skin and not make me break out!
Back to the box – I can’t complain about two full-sized products in one box, but I can’t lie that I’ve been keeping my eye on the new Sample Society from BeautyBar.com and Allure. I’m on the wait list to receive an invite. I didn’t realize how new it was, so my search for reviews has turned up nil. Has anyone gotten a Sample Society subscription?
P.S. Another thank you to Pugly Pixel for the tutorial I used to make the bunny brush in my inventory picture!