These are a combination of items that I wish for but haven’t received and pieces that I’ve tried and would gladly give to others as gifts to show that I luff them. I’m a firm believer in giving gifts to your lady friends as well as your significant other. Corporate holidays be damned. It feels nice to show your warm, squishy side to others when the chance presents itself.
1. L’agent Danita Padded Demi Bra in Violet ($74) // This is something I actually ordered for myself, and it’ll be here soon! I’ve heard mixed reviews about the quality of this diffusion line from Agent Provocateur, but bright color and simple but curvy shape drew me in. Lingerie for Valentine’s Day is a little silly to me. Pretty underpinnings are something we should get to enjoy all year, romantic partner or no.
2. Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Rose ($11.99) // In addition to being pink, violet scented, and covered in hearts (it practically screams Valentine’s Day), this blush is also infused with Physician’s Formula Happy Boost Blend, natural plant extracts that are supposed to “promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress”. Despite being scented, it’s hypoallergenic and dermatologist approved, so it’s a treat for people with sensitive skin.
3. Crescent Moon Knuckle Ring ($9.80) // Jewelry is a popular gift for Valentine’s Day, and maybe it’s cliche, but I’ve always thought the moon is kind of romantic. Sailor Moon. Love you to the moon and back. I’d bring you the moon. All that stuff. I don’t know if knuckle rings are going out of style, but I have this little beauty and I wear it all the time. This particular one is great for those of us with skinny, skinny fingers because I have a hard time finding midi rings that are small enough to actually stay on above the knuckle. They ship it in a cute little box too, so it arrives ready to give to your favorite person.
4. Tokyomilk Dark Femme Fatale Collection in Bittersweet No. 83 ($36) // I have a sample of this, and I haven’t pulled the trigger to buy a full size because I have too many fragrances as it is, but I wish I could. It smells like chocolate! It has other notes too (the full list is: Lotus Blossom, Osmanthus, Cake Flower, Rose Petals, White Jasmine, Heliotrope, Creamy Cacao, Tahitian Vanilla, Bronzed Musk), but I thought this was amazing in lieu of chocolates. The only downside is that it might make you want chocolate all the time. If you or your Valentine don’t like chocolate, obviously this might not be ideal, and if that’s the case, the rest of the Tokyomilk Dark Femme Fatale Collection is fun and has a nice range of other scents.
5. NYX Cosmetics Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait ($4.99) // Normally I don’t like lip glosses. Too sticky. Long hair + wind + lip gloss= Cranky Taylor. This one is different though. It stays on and moisturizes my lips without making me feel like my lips are sticking together in a gooey mess. It smells good too without being overpowering. I actually have this in Cherry Cheese Cake (which is orange – are cherries orange?), and I love wearing it alone or over similar colored lipsticks. They actually released a ton of new colors recently. I picked Strawberry Parfait because the swatches I saw were all pink and pretty and just sort of romantic.
I hope everyone has a fun Valentine’s Day, whether it’s with friends or your boyfriend/girlfriend. We’ve stayed in the past few years, but Mark and I are thinking about going to a haunted house that’s running over Valentine’s Day weekend. It’s fun to switch it up every now and again!