I don’t often make big purchases on a whim, but when I heard about this Beach Box from Lush. I love their bath products, so I wanted to give more of their body and hair products a try. This was about $30 for five giant samples of some of their top beach-centric products. I was not at all disappointed.
1. Sea Spray Hair Mist // For sure my favorite of the whole box. It’s a sea salt, sea water and seaweed spritz that can be used as a hairspray or a texturizer to freshen up second day hair. It’s perfumed with orange flower, grapefruit, neroli and a rosewood blend. It has a similar scent to an old Aveda perfume called Joshua Tree which also has orange blossom notes. I’ve just been using it like crazy all summer. I would definitely purchase the full size.
2. Seanik Solid Shampoo Bar // I’ve never used a shampoo bar before, and since it’s so small I thought I wouldn’t get much use out of it, but this thing is hard! You rub it down the length of your hair and it doesn’t take much to get a great lather. It has Irish moss seaweed and Japanese nori seaweed to make your hair soft, and the sea salt is supposed to help with body and volume. It also has lemon oil for extra shine and it has a fragrance of mimosa and jasmine oils. My hair feels so clean after I use this, but since my hair is dry, I only use it once a week because this is not a moisturizing shampoo. That’s the main reason I won’t be purchasing a full size, but for summer, it’s nice to have a little sample that can really get my hair clean after putting off washing it.
3. Dream Cream Hand and Body Lotion // The sample of this was tiny, but I’m still not out of it because I haven’t had a sunburn or anything to really test it on. It’s made with oat milk, lavender and chamomile to help with irritations, redness, and blotchiness. Olive oil and cocoa butter are also in the mix to help moisturize. I’ve been using it as a hand moisturizer to at least test out the ability to moisturizer. I’m not a fan of lavender scent, and it wasn’t over the top moisturizing, so this was not very exciting to me.
4. Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub // This was my second favorite from the box. It says you can use it for your face but I tried it for half a second and it tore my skin up, but it’s amazing for face exfoliation. I rub this on my legs before shaving and again after I shave for the smoothest legs ever. In addition to the sea salt, it has fresh avocado and coconut for hydration, and the antibacterial effects of the lime and vodka in it have prevented ingrown hairs on my legs when using this.
5. Sea Vegetable Soap // This soap contains lime, lavender and seaweed. It’s supposed to help exfoliate and moisturize, but it was too rough and drying for me. It’s too bad because it’s the biggest sample in the box, but I literally had scratches from the seaweed and salt crust, plus my skin was tight and dry. The one thing in the box I really didn’t care for,